Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gotta Give Props Where It's Due

Take it for what it's worth Y'all :)


My stepson gave me an idea which saved the day today where I was stumped. I won't get into the details, but he gave an innocent idea which once applied was able to recify the situation in every way imaginable. At the young age of 14, I really don't think he comprehends the gravity of what he was able to do for me and the family (he was amazing and he schooled me, get the picture?). As he went up to bed just a few minutes ago I gave him some heartfelt thanks. He gave me a quick "not a problem" and at this moment is fast asleep.

This is why I do what I do for my family even though those kids aren't mine.

I'm not saying that any man should engage a single mother, not at all. For every one of me there are MANY more who rue the day they considered such a quixotic quest. For me though, and JUST for me, that choice has been a blessing which always seems to reap rewards.

Sleep tight Big J, you earned it tonight.

Omnipitron

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sometimes even hearing my son say, "Good one." is enough for me. Good ideas come from different sources.

    ReplyDelete